Friday, June 3, 2011

New dress

 I found a pattern for a pinafore that I made for J. I've been on a little bit of a sewing kick lately because little girl clothes are SUPER easy. I made 2 pinafores that turned out great but way too big for her right now, so I adapted the pattern for my skinny mini and loved how it turned out. (It only took about an hour start to finish, but it was my 3rd one). I had all the material so I only spent money on the buttons. And you can't tell in these pics, but it is reversable :)

Be prepared for the cuteness! (ignore the "o" face J's been making all this week. Pair that with the drool and we should see some teeth coming soon.)




 You can flip it and make this the front if you like. That's how she wore it round 2.
 I made the diaper cover too! here is the pattern. And round up on sizing. J's ended up more on the bikini cut side :) And it was a tad more difficult than the pinafore, if only because elastic intimidates me. And I felt obligated to iron it like they said.





4 comments:

My name is Em. said...

sooo cute! I love it!

Katie said...

Good for you for not giving up when the first ones were too big, because it is SO cute! Hopefully she can wear the others when she gets bigger.

Jackijo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackijo said...

Very creative! You can come raid my fabric if you want to do more sewing for J!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online