Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Polka Dot Apron

Around a year ago, my mom wanted to make an apron so we browsed Anthropologie and picked some style to copy. I chose one with these cute diagonal ruffles. They have since discontinued it so I can't even show you what it was "supposed" to look like. I wasn't really happy with how it turned out so I didn't exactly know what to do with it. Every time I looked at it I thought it looked liked I had just messed up the ruffle instead of doing them on purpose. I didn't have enough base fabric to extend it and make it a sharper angle so I was at an impasse. Then last week my madre suggested I define the top edge to make it look more purposeful. none of the ribbon I had worked, but I like the solution we found immensely. And it is still washable :)


1 comment:

jeanene c said...

It really didjust finish it. So cute!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online