Friday, March 4, 2011

Love Bamboo

When we first got married, I decorated our little studio apartment in an asian theme. I've told ya, I think I was born on the wrong continent. Plus it gave me a chance to display my Japan memorabilia. Well it was just meant to be that Target had a bamboo themed bathroom set that matched my free Dillard's towels. One our first newly wed trip to Ikea, I spotted real, living Lucky Bamboo. It promised to bring luck and happiness to our home and what 20 year old bride could pass that up?

And so our Love bamboo was born.

In "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" fashion, it has become symbolic of our marital union. Mostly because I got it when we first got married and it has been the longest living plant I've ever had the care of. Over the past 4.5 years it has lived in our 300 sq ft studio, the 600 sq ft apartment, been babysat by friends during summer internships, and currently graces the kitchen table of our first house.


And now I hope this isn't portentous of marital strife.

1 comment:

Alicia W said...

Oh no! Your love will carry on! I believe.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online