Sunday, October 17, 2010

Finally, a chance to see me fat! aka Balloon Fiesta 2010

When I first told my best friend Suz I was pregnant, she mailed me this card. Proof of her awesomeness.

So at last you can see some pictures of my big fat belly. This was 29wks. We went to Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, NM to visit my buddy Brian and to introduce my parents to the wonder that is having hundreds of hot air balloons go up all around you.
We also went up the Sandia tram for the first time. Before the $20 ticket seemed pretty steep to my college budget. I didn't realize how incredibly cool it is! And how cool my parents are who refused to let us pay for it. A tad windy, and made my heart lonely for Flagstaff. Got to love the hair though :)

It was great for my soul to be up in clean air and hike around for a bit. The view was excellent and there was much more to do at the top than I thought.
Then the next morning we got up at 4:30 to see the Dawn Patrol. The first two balloon in the air were actually boobs, complete with darker circle at the top, for breast cancer awareness month. And I thought my chest was big.

The early morning light makes all of the hot air balloons glow when they use the flames. Plus it makes all of your pictures turn out well, even if you just have a point and shoot. Then the shaped balloons start going up.Her name is Aribella and if the wind is bad, she falls over because she's HUGE!

All the balloons inflate right next to each other. You are so close that you can go up and touch them. My favorites are the bees. Normally they launch holding hands and then fly apart. This year they added a baby bee :) Balloon Fiesta the first and second week of October every year. Definitely something you should add it to your bucket list. My parents agree that pictures cannot truly do it justice.

4 comments:

Alicia W said...

Barely any good belly shots! But it sure seems magical. Next year. :)

jeanene said...

We had such a good time. Thanks for taking us!

Jackijo said...

Fantastic pictures! But I agree, not enough good belly shots. Perhaps pictures don't do that justice either!

Nikki said...

Looks like fun! The belly photo you posted looks pretty darn good to me! I hope I look that good when I'm preggo someday!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online