Saturday, May 19, 2012

6 Years

My daughter broke this mug this week. It was my own fault for letting her sit on the bathroom counter, but my make-up is so enticing I figured Little Miss Vain would occupy herself in the mirror.



I'm sad to lose it. I'm not sure if it was the color or the shape that drew me to the mug, but every time I thought about the mug I though about how I found it at the Goodwill in Boise, Idaho, the third day of living in our first apartment as newlyweds.

That was about 6 years ago on May 13th. A few degrees, several moves, multiple jobs, and a kid later, marrying this fella was still the best decision I've ever made. Here's to many more, darling.







4 comments:

Alicia W said...

Just chip off the rest of the handle and make it a cup. And congratulations on 6 years. You're so grown up!

Katie said...

I've still never met him, but clearly he makes you happy and that makes me happy!

Lindsey Layton said...

Congrats! Six years sounds like so long, and yet it seems to have flown by! Weird how time works.

Jackijo said...

So glad you made that decision. He is one lucky guy!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online